Visit the Garden of the Garden Route
‘Tsitsikamma’ comes from the ancient Khoi language. It means sparkling waters - and it's a perfect name because, with its indigenous fynbos and forests, rivers, streams, and deep river gorges tumbling down to the Indian Ocean, the Tsitsikamma is the garden of the Garden Route.
- Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours: Stormsriver Adventures’ fun and informative tours of the indigenous forest canopy – by foefie slide (that's South African for zip line), from tree to tree.
- Tsitsikamma Woodcutters Journey: experience the indigenous forest from the comfort of specially designed vehicles - down the old Stormsriver Pass, along an elephant trail, passing yellowwoods and stinkwoods...
- Face Adrenalin Bloukrans Bungy: bungi from the world’s highest commercial bungy bridge - 216 meters (709 feet) above the Bloukrans River. Bridge walking tours also available.
- Tsitsikamma Black Water Tubing: five-hour-long tubing, paddling, and swimming adventures.
- Untouched Adventures: scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, kloofing
- Walking and short hikes in Storms River Village and the Tsitsikamma section of the Garden Route National Park
- Marilyn's 60's Diner: You'll relive your childhood (or the childhood you might have had, if you were our age) at this amazing little restaurant in Storms River Village. Cadillacs and Chevvies, neon signs, Elvis and Marilyn memorabilia, juke boxes and sugar shakers - and cakes and milkshakes, all-American cocktails, burgers, steaks, deserts served with classic diner fare!
- Fynbos Golf & Country Estate: 9-hole links-type course with a large wetlands area. Paspalum greens (a grass ideally suited to coastal conditions) and kikuyu fairways.
Tsitsikamma Tourism: www.tsitsikamma.info - telephone 0027(0)42 285 0562